Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Miraculous!!!

Well….an update on the ‘bullying’. It was brought to my attention that Child A, let’s say, was being bullied, again. In an email to Mom, I found out that it was Child F who was doing it. I stated my surprise, “I expected to be Children B, C, D or E…not F!” Mom said, “Yeah, they used to do it, but Child F was the latest.” We started praying and getting into agreement about things discussed in the bullying post. In the meantime…

…we had midweek kids’ time where the kids fill out prayer cards. I was leaving to go out of town and forgot to straighten up the altar area in our church. The prayer cards were in the offering plates when my pastor arrived on Sunday. He proceeded to read the requests aloud without names, of course, and the congregation prayed for the kids’ requests. I returned from my trip late Sunday…saw the prayer cards on Pastor Jimmy’s desk and realized that he’d saved them for me. But, I didn’t take the time to read them until later…

At midweek kids’ time that day we only had seven kids… “What’s the deal y’ll?”, I asked. Child A shook his head sadly, “Child F moved to Town K.” And others chimed in and announced that basketball practices began this week. “Ahhh well, it’ll be okay”, was my response. That was the day that we didn’t even get to the lesson.

These seven began asking questions about heaven, hell and Jesus like you wouldn’t believe. Dakota asked, “How many sins does it take to get you into Hell?” The question reminded me of the lollipop commercial where they asked how many licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop. I stated, “One!” He said, “Oh no, I’m in big trouble.” We talked about admitting, believing and being saved. Tori, asked, “What if you sin after Jesus saves you and comes into your heart?” We talked about keeping clean after we are saved through confession and repentance. Several kids gave their hearts to Jesus that day.

Later that night, I’m finally reading the prayer cards from the previous week and I saw two or three miracles. On his card, Child A wrote, “I want to pray for Child F, that he wouldn’t have to move to a new town, new friends and new teachers.” Child F wrote, “I want to pray for my best friend, Child A.”

Boom! You could’ve hit me with a bus and I would have never noticed. The victim, Child A, prayed for his enemy, Child F, and did good to him. Not only did God heal their relationship, He moved the bully out of Child A’s life. Our God is so BIG!!!

No comments:

Sweet Spot

–noun
In sports, the spot on a club, racket, bat, etc., where a ball is most effectively hit.

Dictionary.com © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Ten Commandment Boogie